Friday 3 March 2017

Which anime character has the most memorable catchphrase? Charapedia ranks the Top 20

Catchphrases are often associated to many characters in fiction. The Terminator has “I’ll be Back” while Batman has several of them, including “I am the Night” and “I’m Batman”. This is also true in Japanese animation, as many Japanese characters also have their signature catchphrases.


For this week’s poll, Charapedia asked 10,000 anime fans (51.5% male, 48.5% female) which anime character has the most memorable catchphrase. Of the 60 entries in the poll, they only revealed the Top 20, and they are:


20 – “Just like I thought, elementary schoolgirls are definitely the best!!” – Subaru Hasegawa (Ro-Kyu-Bu!)


19 – “I don’t know everything, I only know what I know.” – Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari)


18 – “Just make a contract with me. And become a Magical Girl.” – Kyuubey (Madoka Magica)


17 –  “I am a supporting actor, a Shadow” Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko’s Basketball)


16 – “Are you bastards in heat or something?” – Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)


15 –  “Once again I have cut a worthless object” – Goemon Ishikawa (Lupin III)


14 – “BAROU” – Conan Edogawa (Detective Conan)


13 – “I will break that illusion of yours!” – Touma Kamijou (A Certain Magical Index)


12 – “The only ones who should kill, are those who are prepared to be killed.” – Lelouch Lamperouge (Code Geass)


11 – “If you give up, the game is already over.”  – Coach Anzai (Slam Dunk)


10 – “I will punish you in the name of the moon!” – Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)


9 – “Not Good Enough” – Ryouma Echizen (The Prince of Tennis)


8 –  “If you oppose me, I will kill you no matter who you are.” – Seijuro Akashi (Kuroko’s Basketball)


7 – “There is always one truth” – Conan Edogawa (Detective Conan)


6 – “Believe it! (Dattebayo!)” – Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)


5 – “You are Already Dead” – Kenshirou (Fist of the North Star)


4 – “I’m gonna become the Pirate King!” – Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)


3 – “Yo Kudou!” -Heiji Hattori (Detective Conan)



 


2 – Good Grief (Yare Yare Daze) – Jotaro Kujo (Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure)



1 – “NICO NICO NIIIIIIIII!” Nico Yazawa – Love Live!



OK, who’s actually surprised with #1? Because we really saw that one coming. #2 is also pretty obvious, as Jotaro’s Yare Yare Daze has become as overused in the anime as Nico Nico Nii has been for Love Live!


#3 is a bit of a surprise though, but Hattori’s constant mistakes in calling Conan as “Kudou” has been the source of the manga and anime’s many great comedic scenes.


Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe


Read more on your favorite anime here on Sgcafe! so read more on the other rankings through this link. Also,  join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com



Which anime character has the most memorable catchphrase? Charapedia ranks the Top 20

No comments:

Post a Comment