Wednesday 16 April 2014

"I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but it"s Yandere Hell" has a lot of bad ends

Nippon Ichi Software is known for making quirky games with strange twists, and that pretty much describes their upcoming yandere-themed bishoujo game.


NIS’s PS3 game I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but it’s Yandere Hell (Haremu Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku datta, aka Hanmokku) is a visual novel that tells the story of a boy named Yuuya Kisaragi who is part of his school’s Town History Research Club with three cute girls. Together, they spend their high school lives leisurely until the student council president threatens to disband them if they don’t actually do club activities.


filename 02 cs1w1 1200x674 500x280 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


And so Yuuya and the girls decide to create a mascot character in time for the school festival. Based on the dog god of the local shrine, Izaemon is designed by Kanna, made by Sayuri, and worn by the Haruka.


yndrhell 18 cs1w1 1280x719 500x280 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


With their mascot rising in popularity and their club safe from termination, Yuuya continues his happy-go-lucky romantic comedy life—


Until someone dressed as Izaemon commits murder!


filename 10 cs1w1 1200x958 500x399 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


Upon the tragedy, the tale tumbles downhill as the heroines transform into disturbing creatures.


According to NIS, the game has no good ending. As a sample, they even revealed a bad ending for each of the heroines. CAUTION: Blood and possible spoilers ahead!


Haruka Arisue


yndrhell 26 cs1w1 1280x720 500x281 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


The energetic, big-chested, loli of the group. She stinks at studying, cooking, and art, but she is very athletic and is on several sports teams.


She used to have an abusive father who beat her, causing her to build a fear of men until she met Yuuya. Later in the game, she becomes a violent yandere.


An outlandish scene unfolded before me.


People were lying on a floor painted dark red.


Arms and legs were bent in directions they weren’t meant to bend in.


All of them were still, there wasn’t as much as a twitch.


Heads were smashed in, some unidentifiable substance oozing out of them.


Pathetic moaning sounds rang out, growing feeble until there is complete silence.


… I couldn’t understand what was happening before my eyes.


But I could recognize Haruka’s figure.


The one person in the room who could still move.


She quietly lowered a disfigured bat.


“Hey, look, look! All of the nuisances are gone~!”


—BAD END


yndrhelll a01 cs1w1 1000x863 500x431 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


Kanna Toutoumi


yndrhell 10 cs1w1 1280x719 500x280 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


The beautiful, quiet president of the Town History Research Club. She is incredibly intelligent and always receives the top grades. However, she is lazy, dislikes human interaction, and wishes she could shut herself in her home.


As a child, she was neglected by her parents, who were only interested in work. Throughout the game, she becomes a stalker who follows Yuuya from the shadows, takes photos of him, and intercepts his phone calls.


“Hey, can I ask you something?”


—she said, just when I was about to say I was going to call her. I nodded slightly.


I kept walking away from the shrine, when she casually whispered in my ear.


“When did you switch?”


Something entered my body.


Something hard, long, shoving itself through my flesh, piercing disturbingly straight into my center.


There was no pain.


But there was a violent burning sensation.


As if a searing, iron rod had thrust into me, rendering me unable to stand.


Then, only then, did I finally notice it.


The blade plunged deep into my back.


—BAD END


yndrhelll a02 cs1w1 1000x562 500x281 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends



Sayuri Miyasu


yndrhell 13 cs1w1 1280x719 500x280 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends


A refined lady and the daughter of the town mayor. Her grades and athetic abilities are average, but she is skilled in household tasks, including sewing.


As the daughter of a rich family, she grew up being treated like a doll. Later in the game, she claims Yuuya as her own and collects his hair, used straws, and nail clippings.


There was no wavering in Sayuri-san’s movements.


As if it was perfectly natural, she thrust the scissors into my stomach.


My first reaction was not pain, but shock.


“I await your next incarnation. Until then, Yuuya-san.”


“I shall wait here, forever and ever.”


By then, I couldn’t hear Sayuri-san’s voice.


The pain had blotted out the shock, and I screamed.


“With that, goodbye.”


Kind words filled with pure affection.


That was the last thing I sensed before my consciousness ceased.


—BAD END


yndrhelll a03 cs1w1 1000x562 500x281 I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but its Yandere Hell has a lot of bad ends



I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but it’s Yandere Hell comes out for the PS3 next week on April 24. Yandere fans, are you pumped about this game?



Read more gaming news here on SGCafe


Also join in on the community’s discussions at http://forums.sgcafe.com


Source: Dengeki



"I Thought this was Harem Heaven, but it"s Yandere Hell" has a lot of bad ends

No comments:

Post a Comment