After several rumors were circulating in the internet about Capcom working on a fourth Marvel vs. Capcom game, Sony finally put an end to those rumors and officially announced Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite during this weekend’s PlayStation Experience event:
The announcement trailer features Megaman and Ryu taking of Avengers members, Captain Marvel and Iron Man. According to the announcement, the game is slated to be released in late 2017. According to the official PlayStation blog, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will “feature a variety of exciting and accessible single player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike. In addition to single player Arcade, Training and Mission modes, a visually stunning and immersive cinematic Story Mode will put players at the center of both universes as they battle for supremacy against powerful forces and a new villain.”
The game’s features will include:
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
An extended trailer will be shown during the Capcom Cup 2016 broadcast.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
[VIDEO] It"s official: Sony announces Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite