During the Capcom Cup tournament for Street Fighter V, Capcom revealed the new gameplay trailer for their newly-announced Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite fighting game, and it promises to be a little different from the previous Marvel vs. Capcom 3 game.
The game adds the use of the fabled Infinity Stones from the Marvel Universe, which were gathered by the Mad Titan, Thanos and used in the Infinity Gauntlet to gain the powers beyond that of a god. Each Infinity Stone holds a different power, and one stone can give a character a huge boost in the game. Much like the Cinematic trailer, the gameplay video features Iron Man and Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) taking on Ryu and Mega Man X.
Unlike the third game, which was 3-v-3, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will be 2-v-2, and unlike the previous games, it won’t be featuring any assists. It will be released for PC, PS4, and Xbox ONE in 2017.
The game’s features will include:
- Reborn Rivalries: Universes collide once again in this all-new crossover clash for the ages, where players select their favorite Marvel and Capcom characters and engage in accessible and action-packed 2v2 partner battles.
- Infinite Power: Pulled from classic Marvel lore, unique and game-changing Infinity Stones can be implemented into players’ strategies as a way to influence the outcome of battle. Each Infinity Stone provides a unique advantage to the player and represents a different aspect of the universe: power, space, time, reality, soul, and mind.
- Iconic Heroes: Choose from a diverse roster of fan favorite characters pulled from Marvel and Capcom universes, including Iron Man and Captain Marvel from the Marvel side, and Ryu and Mega Man X from Capcom. Many more playable characters will be revealed in the future.
- Cinematic Story: Heroes and villains battle for supremacy in a timeless struggle set in the Marvel and Capcom universes. The original storyline answers the questions regarding the new clash and lets players step into the shoes of classic characters from both sides as they wage war against powerful forces in an attempt to defeat a new villain.
- Accessible Single Player Content: In addition to the cinematic story experience, players can hone their skills in a variety of accessible single player modes, including Training, Mission and Arcade modes.
- Vast Multiplayer Features: Robust online modes and content including ranked and casual matches, global leaderboards, and online lobbies with spectator mode deepen the overall experience.
- Graphics: Unreal Engine 4 technology pushes the cinematic visuals and next-gen realism into a new era.
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
[VIDEO] Infinity Stones get a key role as Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite"s gameplay trailer is revealed