Hiromu Arakawa’s Full Metal Alchemist manga is getting its own live-action movie, and it will star Hey! Say! JUMP member, Ryousuke Yamada (live-action Assassination Classroom’s Nagisa Shiota) as the pint-sized hero with a big heart, Edward Elric.
Starring alongside the new Edward are:
- Tsubasa Honda as Winry Rockbell
- Dean Fujioka as Roy Mustang
- Ryuuta Satou as Captain Maes Hughes
- Yo Oizumi as Major Shou Tucker
- Yasuko Matsuyuki as Lust
- Kanata Hongou as Envy
- Shinji Uchiyama as Gluttony
- Jun Kunimura as Doctor Marco
- Natsuki Harada as Gracia Hughes
- Misako Renbutsu as Riza Hawkeye
- Fumiyo Kohinata as General Hakuro
- Natsuna as Maria Ross
- Kenjiro Ishimaru as Father Cornello
The live-action adaptation’s version of Alphonse Elric has not been revealed yet, and director Fumihiko Sori (live-action Ping Pong) said that he could not yet release the details about him at the moment, but he has said that he is quite confident that the fans will accept him. He has also revealed that he wants to stay loyal to the source material as much as possible, as the filming will finally begin next month in Italy.
So what do you guys think of the cast? And are you excited that they would stay loyal to the manga?
Don’t miss a single update from SGCafe! Follow us on Twitter: @SGCafe
Live-action Full Metal Alchemist movie to premiere in Winter 2017